I know exactly how these fans feel. I grew up a Hartford Whalers fan and they played their last game in Hartford on my 11th birthday. Just cried my eyes out as the Whale completely and utterly choked down the stretch and missed the playoffs. All the needed was one effing point in their last 4 games. ONE!!! And they couldn’t do it. They moved to North Carolina, rebranded themselves as the Hurricanes. A few years later they were in the Stanley Cup Finals. Shortly after that the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. One of the worst days of my life. It’s ok though. I am like totally 100% over it. I mean it was 15 years ago and I am Blackhawks fan now. I don’t have trust issues or fear of abandonment or hate my birthday or anything like that…
PS: Miami delenda est
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
On a spiritual quest back to my hockey roots. Happy President’s Day weekend.
Follow me @WindyCitiSports
- Randy Moss to the 49ers. Good bye my love, good bye friend. You have been the one for me…
- U-S-A, U-S-A!!! America Named “Coolest” Country
- This is exactly how I would win an MMA event
- Get Tickets To Chicago Ideas Week!!! Sports Event TONIGHT
- Pretty sure I am going with this as my new Business card design, your thoughts?