I know exactly how these fans feel. I grew up a Hartford Whalers fan and they played their last game in Hartford on my 11th birthday. Just cried my eyes out as the Whale completely and utterly choked down the stretch and missed the playoffs. All the needed was one effing point in their last 4 games. ONE!!! And they couldn’t do it. They moved to North Carolina, rebranded themselves as the Hurricanes. A few years later they were in the Stanley Cup Finals. Shortly after that the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. One of the worst days of my life. It’s ok though. I am like totally 100% over it. I mean it was 15 years ago and I am Blackhawks fan now. I don’t have trust issues or fear of abandonment or hate my birthday or anything like that…
PS: Miami delenda est
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- Jerry Reinsdorf wins a “major award”. Its fragile, must be Italian
- This kid can Spelling Bee for my team any day
- Is this the worst and/or most embarrassing off-season in Chicago Bears history?
- Check out this little British chick killing Super Bass…and her loser sister
- Time Magazine Person of the Year: The Protestor, what a crock of shit