I know exactly how these fans feel. I grew up a Hartford Whalers fan and they played their last game in Hartford on my 11th birthday. Just cried my eyes out as the Whale completely and utterly choked down the stretch and missed the playoffs. All the needed was one effing point in their last 4 games. ONE!!! And they couldn’t do it. They moved to North Carolina, rebranded themselves as the Hurricanes. A few years later they were in the Stanley Cup Finals. Shortly after that the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. One of the worst days of my life. It’s ok though. I am like totally 100% over it. I mean it was 15 years ago and I am Blackhawks fan now. I don’t have trust issues or fear of abandonment or hate my birthday or anything like that…
PS: Miami delenda est
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- BREAKING NEWS: Martin Luther King Jr was actually a white guy
- Qatar Bought the 2022 World Cup…You’re Kidding?
- 9 year-old who builds his own arcade thinks he’s hot shit. Charges $2 admission
- I’ve got a Fever, and the cure is Bronchitis!!! Sweet Brown bringing hot fire jams!!!
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6