I know exactly how these fans feel. I grew up a Hartford Whalers fan and they played their last game in Hartford on my 11th birthday. Just cried my eyes out as the Whale completely and utterly choked down the stretch and missed the playoffs. All the needed was one effing point in their last 4 games. ONE!!! And they couldn’t do it. They moved to North Carolina, rebranded themselves as the Hurricanes. A few years later they were in the Stanley Cup Finals. Shortly after that the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. One of the worst days of my life. It’s ok though. I am like totally 100% over it. I mean it was 15 years ago and I am Blackhawks fan now. I don’t have trust issues or fear of abandonment or hate my birthday or anything like that…
PS: Miami delenda est
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- Using Katy Perry to Explain the Bulls-Hawks Game 3
- Ron Paul, friend of the little people…oh and fucking Ogres
- Check Out Bryzgalov’s Flyers Mask. Guy LOVES him some America
- Dumbass from WSJ, Rich Cohen, says that Wrigley should be torn down.
- I am thinking about getting a MySpace account because Justin Timberlake bought it