So I went down to Occupy Chicago last week and interviewed some people…it was interesting to say the least. I am a rule follower, that’s just the way I was built. Needless to say I was shaking pretty much the entire time. I kept waiting for the police to arrest me, gas me, or for a hipster to steal my wallet. One thing I didn’t fear was getting shot. Effing Occupy Oakland isn’t messing around. I am not sure who shot who, but shootings are pretty much par for the course. Just murders on the reg, drug deals on the reg, gang wars on the reg. If someone told me that this was just a video of “Oakland” instead of “Occupy Oakland”, I wouldn’t have thought twice about it.
PS: Full disclosure, I kinda think all of these Occupy Movements are stupid. Having said that, Occupy Oakland is by far the dumbest. A) who the hell wants to be in Oakland? B) San Fransisco is like two minutes away isn’t? San Fran would just eat that shit up. Why wouldn’t these people go to OccupySF?
PPS: Hey bros yelling “medic”…are you serious? This isn’t Normandy…its a hipster rally. Don’t yell for a medic like you just got shot busting into Al-Qaeda’s Bin Laden hide out.
follow me @windycitisports
- Mid 20s Dating Guide: What Not To Do Volume 2
- Dancing With The Stars Breakdown
- Score one for the human race. Tom Brady and Gisele are having another baby
- Real Talk Time: Why don’t the Cubs have a blazing hot sideline reporter?
- Ultimate test if chicks find any musician hot. Fat kid with awesome cover of “Sexy and I know It”