The Cubs-Sox series is right around the corner and the bitterness between the two fan bases is as bad as ever. I just don’t get it. I am on board with only having one favorite team. It’s impossible to devote yourself mentally, emotionally, and financially to two teams in the same sport. So I know people in Chicago have to choose sides. What I don’t get is why the two fan bases hate each other so much. They only play 6 games per year. The Cubs fans might as well hate the Orioles and the Sox fans might as well hate Atlanta.
As a neutral third-party who wants all good things for the city of Chicago I really feel like I should be appointed the official mediator for the rivalry. Just have me sit down with these two guys and get to the root of their problem. Make sure the conversation stays cordial as we get to the real feelings underneath. I’ll have them use “I language” instead of attacking “you language”. I mean my sister is a therapist so I am probably qualified by proxy. I want to get to the bottom of this. Let your anger go Cubs and Sox fans. Just let it go. Focus on you.
PS: I think I will discuss my commercial idea starring me tonight at the Cubs-Phillies game with New Era while I am watching the game from their suite…
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- CUBS WIN!!!! If they win tomorrow, thats called a winning streak
- Obama shows he is all about fixing America’s infrastructure by laying bricks on the court
- Anthony Davis’s mom for Mother of The Year
- Illinois Primary Day. Will the real Mitt Romney please stand up
- This Might Be The Scariest Thing I have EVER Seen: Snakes on a Car