(Mothership)–The Chicago White Sox selected high school outfielder Courtney Hawkins with the No. 13 overall pick of the MLB draft on Monday. Hawkins, who is 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, attends Carroll High School in Corpus Christi, Tex. He was the Texas Gatorade Player of the Year. He is signed with Texas. “[The White Sox picked me] just because I just went out there and played ball,” Hawkins said. “Played as hard as I can. That’s the way I always play. I see myself as a power guy who can run, who can hit, just overall everything. Not just one tool. I can do it all. I can go play for the White Sox, get in their system and develop into a better player.” Hawkins, who was rated by Baseball America as the No. 15 overall prospect, showed off his athleticism after being selected, performing a back flip on MLB.com.
Alright Courtney Hawkins, you crazy bastard, I dig your style. Looks like a good athlete. Plays baseball or something I guess. I love the energy. Keep doing you Courtney.
PS: Miami delenda est
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- Introducing Krispy Kreme: The Baddest snot-nosed middleschool rapper the world has ever seen
- Best video of a hot drunk girl falling you’ll see all day
- Browns fan a little upset that the Browns didn’t get RGIII. Takes machete to Browns flag
- STUDY: Science says that old people smell good…wait what?
- Sweet Brown ain’t got no time for brochitis