Nerds at MIT “fix” Ketchup Bottle problem
(Daily What)– It took two months and a whole team of MIT mechanical engineers and nano-technologists, but at long last, mankind has a solution to the ketchup bottle battle. LiquiGlide, a “super slippery” coating, is made up of nontoxic materials that allow the condiment to pour out smoothly, the way it was intended. The lubricant can be applied to all sorts of food packaging, but ketchup
had better be likely will be priority number one. One of the biggest challenges the team faced was making sure the coating was safe to consume, which meant ingredients had to be FDA-approved. “We had a limited amount of materials to pick from,” said team member Dave Smith, an MIT Ph.D. candidate. “I can’t say what they are, but we’ve patented the hell out of it.”
Really MIT? You spent two months inventing a solution to a problem that never existed in the first place? You guys are supposed to be the smartest nerds on the planet. You should be inventing cool shit like hover crafts, or flying cars, or a beer koozie that you can use to keep score. I can solve this ketchup problem in about 2 seconds…ready? Hold the bottle at like a 45-degree angle and tap it on the No.57. Boom, done. All these scientists did was invent a product that will lead to your food drowning in ketchup. No thanks. It’s just the smugness that really rubs me the wrong way. Just bragging about how they have this great patent. Thinking they are going to be millionaires. Hey bro, hate to break it to you but nobody even uses the glass ketchup bottles anymore. The plastic upside-down squeezable bottle is where it’s at. Welcome to the 21st century dorks.
Chief > MIT
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6