Man charged with assault for hitting a kid for being loud during 3D Titanic
(Seattle Times)– A Washington state man fed up with a group of noisy moviegoers behind him stepped over the seat and punched a 10-year-old boy in the face. The man, who told police he thought the person he hit was a grown man, was watching “Titanic” in 3-D with his girlfriend and had asked the people sitting behind to quiet down and stop throwing popcorn, but they laughed at him, he said. “I got so mad that it just happened,” Yong Hyun Kim, 21, told police who arrested him the night of April 11 at the AMC Kent Station 14, in Kent, a south Seattle suburb. The 10-year-old lost a tooth and had a bloody nose in the confrontation. Kim spent a night in the Kent city jail and appeared April 12 in King County District Court and was released, said county prosecutor’s spokesman Dan Donohoe. Kim was charged May 16 with second-degree assault. If convicted, he could be sentenced to three to nine months in jail, Donohoe said Tuesday.
I don’t normally advocate assaulting children, but I have no problem with this little shit getting his teeth knocked out. There are few things more obnoxious than people being noisy during movies. I myself have been guilty of this behavior. Not intentionally, I just suck at whispering. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t do it. So there have been a couple of times in my life where people have asked me to quiet down during previews. I didn’t act like a punk like this kid…I just took it and apologized. I am aware of my whispering issues so I literally don’t open my mouth once the movie starts unless I am shoving food in it and it’s because I care about my fellow man and adhere to the unwritten rules that hold our society together. If I am this guy I am requesting a trial by jury. No chance in hell 12 of his peers convict this guy. None.
Having said all of that…if you paid to see Titanic 3D you should be locked up.
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6