Mitt Romney is BAD TO THE BONE. Arrested in 1981 for disorderly conduct
(BuzzFeed)–It’s a little reported anecdote, but in 1981 presumptive Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney was arrested for disorderly conduct. The issue of Romney’s arrest first came to light during his 1994 Senate run against incumbent Senator Ted Kennedy, appearing at an unfortunate time while Romney was running ads talking to police officers with sirens in the background, promising to be tough on crime According to what Romney told the Boston Globe in 1994, he had taken his family off to Wayland, Mass.’s Lake Cochituate, about an hour outside Boston, for a summer excursion. As Romney prepared to put his family boat into the water, a park officer told Romney not to launch because his license appeared to have been painted over. The officer told Romney if he put his boat into the water he would face a $50 fine. Romney felt that his license was still visible and decided to ignore the order from the officer and pay the fine. “I figured I was at the state park with my kids. My five kids were in the car wondering why we weren’t going out in the boat, so I said I’d launch and pay the fine,” Romney said in 1994. Romney said the officer didn’t tell him not to launch his boat, just that he would face a fine for doing so. “I was willing to pay the fine. But if he had said don’t launch the boat and not mentioned the fine, I would not have done it,” Romney said. After Romney put the family boat into the water, the officer reappeared visibly angry and arrested Romney for disorderly conduct. Romney was handcuffed on the scene, taken to the local police station, and booked. “There I was, dripping wet in a bathing suit,” Romney told the Globe. A magistrate let him go without bail. Several days later, Romney appeared in Natick District Court and threatened to sue the arresting office for a false arrest. The charges were dropped and sealed at Romney’s request.
And all this time I thought Mitt Romney was just a square. Turns out he is a certified bad ass. Stubborn as hell and willingly taking $50 fines like it ain’t no thang. The fuzz was trying to harsh on his good time. Mitt just wasn’t having it. He’s going on his boat and is NOT going to be made to look like a bitch by some Statie. Eff that noise. Alright Romney, I am on board. I thought America needed a tough guy to make hard decisions…meanwhile Mitt was staring me right in the face. ROMNEY 2012!!!
PS: I bet Obama is rooting for the Heat…
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6