REPORT: Bears are trying to be just like the Patriots
(Chicago Sun Times)– During his introductory news conference, Bears general manager Phil Emery emphasized that his scouting approach would be an amalgamation of the assorted systems in which he’s worked. Much of it, though, would be rooted in the “Patriot system,” he said. Nearly three months into the job, Emery has initiated that transition, but the process won’t be complete until after the NFL draft. The grading system hasn’t been implemented yet, for instance, but scouts have been schooled on labeling players in the manner Emery prefers.
Oh someone trying to be just like the Patriots…what a novel idea!!! Yeah the Patriots are the greatest franchise in sports. Just dominated the football landscape for the entirety of the new millennium. Still in the midst of a dynasty. So copying them is the perfect plan. Hey Phil, you know who else has tried to adopt the “Patriots way”…umm effing everybody. Jets, Browns, Chiefs, Falcons, Notre Dame, Broncos, Lions…guess how many championships those teams have…yeah ZERO. Phil Emery saying he is going to adopt the “Patriots system” is like me saying I am going to adopt the way Shakespeare writes or the way Neil deGrasse Tyson does everything. You can hire all former Belichick lemmings and read all the Michael Holley books you want, but it’s just not going to work. At the end of the day there is only one…
Follow me @WindyCitiSports
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6