TUPAC IS ALIVE!!! Performs at Coachella
(Newser)–All of Snoop Dogg’s guests during his set last night at Coachella were impressive—Dr. Dre, Eminem, 50 Cent—but none could quite match an appearance by the late Tupac Shakur. Death didn’t stop the legendary rapper, who appeared as a hologram, from dueting with Snoop on songs like “Come With Me” and “Hail Mary.” “What’s up, Coachella?” Shakur asked the crowd. Twitter went wild, notes the Hollywood Reporter, which gathers up some winning tweets. Our favorite: “Was completely freaked out by the Tupac hologram and I’m fairly certain I was one of five people out of 100,000 not on drugs.” Snoop himself was among them, smoking pot onstage uninhibited. Some 98 people have been arrested at the music festival thus far, unsurprisingly mostly for substance use.
When I was living straight gangsta in the halls of McKelvie Middle School in Bedford, New Hampshire, the 5th grade Chief was Bad Boy Records through and through. 100% Eastside or die. But the whole rivalry got out of control. The War claimed rap’s two biggest stars. Brooklyn’s Jesus was shot for no effing reason. I am glad the violence and venom calmed down enough for Tupac to come back from the dead. If there is one thing I learned from “The Sandlot” it’s that heroes get remembered, but legends never die.
PS: STRAIGHT GANGSTA. Once a BLOOD, always a BLOOD
Follow me @WindyCitiSports
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6