I don’t think the Saints Bounty Scandal appeal is gonna go well today
The Saints have got to be so pissed. They were all set to appeal their suspensions today before Goodell, and now this tape comes out. If it comes out tomorrow, maybe they get a slight reduction in the sentence. Now…it’s probably double. Player safety/concussions is like the number one issue in the game right now so saying “we’ve got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore’s head” is probably not a good look. And sure you can argue that it was a metaphor I guess…but what is metaphorical about “…fucking take out that outside ACL”. I have never heard that one. I hadn’t commented on this whole thing because I thought it was getting over-blown. I played hockey and football. You always talk in hyperbole about trying to be physical and inflict pain, blah blah blah. And I always kinda played on the edge myself. I was a tad on the dirty side. Pushing on people getting up out of a pile, quick cross checks to the small of a player’s back, kneeing people in the thighs, punches to the stomach if I was getting held, little butt ends to the ribs, etc. I was always trying to hurt the opponent, but I would NEVER try to injure an opponent. So I had no problem with players getting paid for a big clean hit that knocked someone out. That’s part of sports. But you can’t put a price on a guy’s head and ACL. That’s messed up. Goodell should throw the book at the Saints.
Follow me @WindyCitiSports
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6