The Flyers vs Penguins game yesterday was fannnn-tastic
Call me a meathead, but I LOVE fighting in hockey. Especially when it is sparked by something like this. The spontaneous fights where players step up to defend their teammates is a beautiful thing. I loved every second of this Flyers vs Penguins game. Philly-Pittsburgh is the most heated rivalry in the Eastern Conference right now and I pray that the standings stay exactly how they are now so we get a rematch in the first round of the post-season. These teams play again next weekend and it is going to be must-see TV.
I honestly have no clue what Laviolette is getting all pissy about here. The hit on Briere was delivered on time and with the shoulder making contact to the chest, separating the man from the puck. It was a text-book open ice hit. If you don’t want your stars getting hit at the end of the game then leave them on the bench. Pittsburgh did nothing wrong here.
Laviolette should be fined for his little tantrum at the end of the game. He broke a stick over the glass and it flew into the Penguins bench. What if that caught someone in the eye? I hate Laviolette. That was good clean hockey. Unlike the cross check from behind delivered by Schenn on Crosby away from the play. Flyers are just the biggest bunch of hypocrites in the Eastern Conference and Laviolette sets the tone. It’s like they think they have the patent on good hard physical hockey and when anybody else plays that way it should be outlawed.
This was exactly the type of game I was hoping for yesterday. Speed, skill, vitriol, and violence. It was the perfect teaser for the playoffs. We are 9 short days away from the greatest tournament in sports and with every game on national TV for the first time, we are set to have the best spring ever.
PS: I loved Disco Dan’s little smirk during his post game presser. Can’t find a pic anywhere, but it was a priceless reaction to Laviolette’s little temper tantrum.
Follow me @WindyCitiSports
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6