Carson Palmer to Raiders for two 1st rd picks. Al Davis still running shit
(ESPN)–Oakland and Cincinnati are on the verge of completing one of the NFL’s biggest trade-deadline deals in decades, with the Raiders acquiring holdout quarterback Carson Palmer from the Bengals in exchange for two first-round picks, according to sources familiar with the deal. The first first-round pick is in 2012 and the other is a conditional first-round pick in 2013. It’s a bold move for each team. Cincinnati is empowering a team it could be competing against for a playoff spot or even in the postseason. The Raiders are turning over another high pick for a quarterback that has been holding out and has struggled in recent seasons when some around the league questioned his arm strength. But ultimately, both sides believed it to be a gamble worth taking.
WOWZA!!! I don’t think there has ever been a trade that more perfectly summed up two terribly run franchises than this one. The Bengals are trading a once very good quarterback to a team that they could be in direct competition with for a playoff spot. Meanwhile the Raiders are mortgaging their future by giving away two first round picks for a guy that hasn’t been good in years and has shown no interest in playing football this season. Somewhere Al Davis is smiling at this one. Classic Raiders and classic bungles.
follow me @windycitisports
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6