Milan Lucic Brings Stanley Cup to Loserville a.k.a. Vancouver
(CBS Sports)– The Stanley Cup continues to make the rounds among the Bruins, and now it’s Milan Lucic’s turn. He was the player that had the honor of raising the Cup in his hometown, being met with a mixture of cheers and boos. As we have seen already this summer, a lot of players like to bring the Cup home and share it with the public, but Lucic won’t be doing that seeing as how rough some in Vancouver took the Canucks’ Finals loss. There was even a party slated for a beach that was scrapped due to fear of hooligans ruining the day. Instead he will have a low-key affair (The Bruins Blog) at his Vancouver home with some family and friends. It’s the smart move, but that doesn’t make it any less sad to hear.
Poor Milan Lucic can’t even throw a baller beach party in Vancouver to throw mud directly in the eye of Canucks fans without fear of having rioters show up and ruin everything. Look it Vancouver, guys that win the Stanley Cup get to do whatever they want with it. Lucic is from Vancouver so if he wants to throw the party of the year to celebrate how his Bruins totally kicked your ass…that’s his right. I know Vancouver has never won a Stanley Cup in their 40 year history, but I mean it’s still Canada…they have to know that they deal. They must have heard of how other teams celebrate championships, right? Sucks that these losers won’t allow Lucic to party with Stanley in style.
follow me @windycitisports
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012
- LOCK OF THE CENTURY: Heat vs Celtics Game 6