I know exactly how these fans feel. I grew up a Hartford Whalers fan and they played their last game in Hartford on my 11th birthday. Just cried my eyes out as the Whale completely and utterly choked down the stretch and missed the playoffs. All the needed was one effing point in their last 4 games. ONE!!! And they couldn’t do it. They moved to North Carolina, rebranded themselves as the Hurricanes. A few years later they were in the Stanley Cup Finals. Shortly after that the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. One of the worst days of my life. It’s ok though. I am like totally 100% over it. I mean it was 15 years ago and I am Blackhawks fan now. I don’t have trust issues or fear of abandonment or hate my birthday or anything like that…
PS: Miami delenda est
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- US Gov’t to build $750,000 soccer field for terrorists at Gitmo…wait, what?
- PETA announces this week that it hates Mario and Thanksgiving
- This Mark Wahlberg movie “Ted” is real and it looks spectacular
- “Hey Obama, tell me how my ass tastes”– Bill Clinton
- Egypt’s transition from Mubarak to freedom is going quite smoothly