I know exactly how these fans feel. I grew up a Hartford Whalers fan and they played their last game in Hartford on my 11th birthday. Just cried my eyes out as the Whale completely and utterly choked down the stretch and missed the playoffs. All the needed was one effing point in their last 4 games. ONE!!! And they couldn’t do it. They moved to North Carolina, rebranded themselves as the Hurricanes. A few years later they were in the Stanley Cup Finals. Shortly after that the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. One of the worst days of my life. It’s ok though. I am like totally 100% over it. I mean it was 15 years ago and I am Blackhawks fan now. I don’t have trust issues or fear of abandonment or hate my birthday or anything like that…
PS: Miami delenda est
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
On a spiritual quest back to my hockey roots. Happy President’s Day weekend.
Follow me @WindyCitiSports
- I can’t decide if this Ferrell+Galifianakus movie “The Campaign” looks funny
- Who says you can’t make a political commericial for under $5?
- The rest of the NFL is playing for 2nd in 2012. Patriots dominating Free Agency
- Well Bears fans…at least you’re not Browns fans. Funny Browns fan letter
- Adam Dunn and Jake Peavy are good…wait, what?