(Mothership)–The Chicago White Sox selected high school outfielder Courtney Hawkins with the No. 13 overall pick of the MLB draft on Monday. Hawkins, who is 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, attends Carroll High School in Corpus Christi, Tex. He was the Texas Gatorade Player of the Year. He is signed with Texas. “[The White Sox picked me] just because I just went out there and played ball,” Hawkins said. “Played as hard as I can. That’s the way I always play. I see myself as a power guy who can run, who can hit, just overall everything. Not just one tool. I can do it all. I can go play for the White Sox, get in their system and develop into a better player.” Hawkins, who was rated by Baseball America as the No. 15 overall prospect, showed off his athleticism after being selected, performing a back flip on MLB.com.
Alright Courtney Hawkins, you crazy bastard, I dig your style. Looks like a good athlete. Plays baseball or something I guess. I love the energy. Keep doing you Courtney.
PS: Miami delenda est
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
- How Much Time Do I Need to Train for “Tough Mudder” 5, maybe 6 days?
- Kid with no arms is an absolute ace on the drums. Covers “Call Me Maybe”
- I NEED THESE WRESTLING BEAR CUBS!!!
- Santorum announces campaign suspended. Also Cubs suspend their campaign for 2012 World Series
- Noodle Neck To Denver. Reaction: zzzz/huh?