These UVA Lax brahs have me re-thinking my entire stance on lax brahs
Full disclosure…I HATE lacrosse. I just hate everything about it. I feel like they are just a bunch of JV hockey players and kids who weren’t athletic enough to excel at the real sports. However, what I have always hated more was the “lax brah” culture. Just doing dumb shit for the sake of doing dumb shit. Like they just try way to hard to be cool and funny and different. They have to draw attention to themselves because nobody gives a shit about a bunch of white bread dorks. Having said all of that…I don’t know…maybe I am wrong about these guys. I love this video. I feel like I could very easily be one of those brahs just wheeling around trying to act all serious/fake tough because it’s funny. The sport is really taking off. It’s on ESPN all the time and people are constantly talking about how it is surpassing baseball in terms of participation. Part of me thinks that I just missed being a lax brah because I was born in the mid-80s instead of the 1990s. Like maybe I would have been a professional part-time lax brah right now had I been born in 1991 and didn’t want to play real sports. Who knows. Keep doing you lax brahs. I am starting to dig it.
PS: Anybody who thinks that Lacrosse will become a major sport in the American landscape is flat-out nuts. I don’t care how many kids play it growing up, it just isn’t made for TV. So slow and too much one on one stuff. It takes all the worst parts about basketball and hockey and mushes them together.
Follow the Chief @WindyCitiSports
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- LAUNCH CITY BITCH!!! New Site up and running. GO THERE
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012