Can someone please explain the whole Cubs vs Sox rivalry to me?
Alright, I am a neutral third-party. I am a Boston transplant. I have lived in this great city since 1998, and for the life of me I still can’t figure why the Cubs vs White Sox rivalry even exists. They have never played a meaningful game against each other. They aren’t in the same division. Neither are very good. I tend to like the Cubs more. It’s a good time at Wrigley. Pretty girls in summer clothes, luke warm beer, luke warm hot dogs, and I don’t have to run back to my car for fear of getting mugged after the game. But to me, I don’t understand why there is such venom between the two fan bases. I get the White Sox have this inferiority complex towards the Cubs because all the hot girls hang out at Wrigley and the White Sox are basically irrelevant. I also understand that the Cubs have an inferiority complex towards the White Sox since the 2005 World Series. So…isn’t that a common trait? The two organizations are different, but we all live here. Can’t we all just get along?
PS: If you’re a White Sox fan…try to switch sides now. Epstein is going to morph the Cubs into a powerhouse. Wrigley is getting renovated. They are going to bring in more money, better players, and shit load of wins over the next 10 years. Just jump ship now. Get on the Cubs rocket ship and enjoy the ride.
PPS: Anybody who switches teams is a douche.
Double PPS: Best pizza in Wrigleyville is Ian’s on Clark. Get that Macaroni and Cheese pizza because regular pizza just doesn’t have quite enough carbs.
Follow me @WindyCitiSports
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- LAUNCH CITY BITCH!!! New Site up and running. GO THERE
- European Soccer Highlights brought to you by LEGOS
- West Virginia Women’s Basketball player quits hoops to pursue modeling career
- Bigger over-reaction: Federer or guy from the comment section, who ya got?
- Two FL teens caught up in the high stakes crime racket of stolen puppy distribution
- Bieber to be protected by 6,000 cops at Mexico City concert
- When they say “don’t tap on the glass”…DONT TAP ON THE GLASS!!!
- People in Seattle still a little salty about the Sonics moving to OKC
- REMIX!!!! Mister Rogers about to go quadruple platinum
- Irish Soccer Fans drive 8 hours to taunt the English team as they arrived at their hotel for Euro 2012